Thursday, May 7, 2015

How Do Guyanese Talk/Sound?

I've been asked several times how to convey how Guyanese talk; what it sounds like. I found an episode of Merundoi, a local radio program in Guyana that portrays daily life here while teaching a lesson (domestic violence, HIV/AIDS discrimination, substance abuse, etc.). It's a great example to hear how Guyanese speak Creolese and to listen to topics that come up everyday here in Guyana.

*NOTE skip to 2:30, before that is just advertisements*


1 comment:

  1. Hi David! I happened upon your blog as I'm trying to research imformation about living in Guyana. I will be serving in the Peace Corp pretty much after you come back to the US (september 2015) for a year working for the University of Guyana and developing some academic curriculum for their bachelor's program. I've enjoyed reading your blog, and would love to pick your brain further about living in Guyana and serving in the Peace Corp. I am also from CO, in Westminster. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Erin (erinmjang@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete